Have your halls been decked with boughs of holly since the day after Thanksgiving? Or are you the holiday frenzy type that gets everything done last minute?
Whatever camp you’re in, we have 5 fun and easy holiday decorating ideas you can do right now.
So, get your creative cap on, and let’s get to work!
5 FUN AND EASY HOLIDAY DECORATING IDEAS
1. RETHINK THE TREE
If you’re all about the tree—whether it be the real-deal or one you bought from Target—go for it.
However, there are other options if you’re not really into a traditional tree.
- You can skip the tree altogether (if it makes you happy with no tree, more power to you!).
- A small tree is definitely an option (we’re looking at you, Charlie Brown Christmas Tree).
- Lights on a wall in the shape of a tree. You can get super creative with this one and even throw in different materials to add to the “wall tree”.
2. GET FESTIVE WITH RAILINGS
Who says your railings can’t be the focal point of your festivity?
Load up on garland and twinkling lights and get to bending and twisting.
Don’t forget to add a pop of character with faux berries or pinecones to spice it up!
3. MAKE YOUR PHOTO FRAMES HOLIDAY-READY
Place a beautiful Christmas card in a photo frame and place it on the mantel or table.
Do that throughout the house and just like that…you’ve officially decorated for the holidays.
4. LIGHT IT UP
No, we’re not asking you to go Clark Griswold on your house (unless you really want to).
What is an option is the strategic placement of lights around your home.
- Grab mason jars, stuff a string of lights in each jar, and use them for centerpieces
- String lights around doors and hallways
- Bring your mantel or fireplace to life with lights
5. COOKING COUNTS
Whether you plan on making a gingerbread house from scratch or picking one up from the store, Christmas food and baked goods can count as decorating, too.
Use your fancy dishes (or holiday-themed paper products work just as well) and show off your fudge, sugar cookies, and candy canes.
For an extra dose of fun, include a holiday drink for adults and kids. A crockpot full of apple cider or hot chocolate (don’t forget the marshmallows) rarely disappoints and infuses holiday cheer in the home.
Whatever you do for your holiday, may you have more fun than stress—especially with these 5 fun and easy holiday decorating ideas.
Have any questions?
Need help with your home design project?
Stop by the Sol Granite showroom today and let us help you bring your design dreams to reality!
4804 Dillon Drive (Behind Texas Roadhouse)
Pueblo, CO 81008